Coming Soon---

Future blogs to keep an eye out for...Flying While Pregnant, Breastfeeding Success, and another Guest Blog!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Our Star Wars Nursery

Now I'll admit right now. Jeremy is a huge Star Wars fan and it spread to be from the beginning of us dating. Now we are certainly a Star Wars family (I know, no real shocker there.) It is no coincidence our son is named Lucas. 
                "Luke, I am your father."

So, it was pretty obvious that the nursery was going to be Star Wars themed. However, we didn't want to put too much money into it. We also didn't want to spend a lot of time worrying about it while I was pregnant, or when he was a baby, because well, he was going to be too small to remember it. But that was just our opinion. I'll admit part of me wishes I had gotten to do some of that nesting. But I digress.

Now that Lucas is almost a year old, we've revisited the idea of decorating his nursery. When we picked out our furniture and sheets and such, we kept our theme in mind, and I started coming up with certain ideas. The other day when Lucas was napping, I finally decided to bring one of my ideas into reality and wanted to share it with you. 

             Meet R2-NoPoo


Yes, that's right. I turned our diaper genie into a Star Wars droid. It was very simple, and I actually haven't seen this idea around the Internet, which surprises me. All it took was a paint pen, a few pictures online, a steady hand, and a nap time to keep Lucas out of the way. The best thing about this is, because I used paint pen, I could always clean off the design if I didn't like it or wanted to change something. I still have some touch ups to do, but Jeremy was quite pleased with it. (And since he's such a Star Wars fan, I considered that his stamp of approval). It was one of the cheapest and easiest crafts I could think to start off our Star Wars nursery and wanted to share it with my readers! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment